K.J.V 1769 ~ Biblical proofs that Jesus Christ is God
Biblical Proof of Jesus as God
The doctrine of Jesus as God is fundamental to salvation and an essential truth about the
character of God. Below is a list of references that confirm the deity of Jesus and offer
proof that he is God. Those who diminish, doubt, or deny the divinity of Jesus do so at
the destruction of the scriptures.
“Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. “ – Heb 13:8
1. Matthew 1:23
Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call
his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
2. Matthew 2:11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young
child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they
had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and
frankincense, and myrrh.
3. Matthew 9:2 And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on
a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good
cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee.
4. Matthew 14:26-33
Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him,
saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.
5. Matthew 16:16-17
And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ,
the Son of the living God.
6. Matthew 26:64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto
you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and
coming in the clouds of heaven.
7. Matthew 28:17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some
8. Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is
given unto me in heaven and in earth.
9. Mark 14:62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the
right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
10. Matthew 25:17-46
When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the
holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
11. Luke 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is
Christ the Lord. ~ See prophecies about God being the only saviour
12. Luke 19:43-44
For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall
cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side,
And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they
shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the
time of thy visitation.
13. Luke 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed
14. John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the
Word was God.
15. John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made
that was made.
16. John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld
his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
17. John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham
was, I am.
18. John 10:30 I and my Father are one.
19. John 10:33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not;
but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
20. John 10:38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may
know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.
21. John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man
cometh unto the Father, but by me.
22. John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast
thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how
sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
23. John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me?
the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that
dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
24. John 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and
I in you.
25. John 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory
which I had with thee before the world was.
26. John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
27. John 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee,
that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent
28. 2 Corinthians 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of
darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory
of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
29. 2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of
them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the
image of God, should shine unto them.
30. 2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto
himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us
the word of reconciliation.
31. Philippians 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be
equal with God:
32. Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every
33. Colossians 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that
are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or
principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
34. Colossians 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
35. Colossians 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;
36. Colossians 2:2 That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in
love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the
acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; Col 2:3
In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
37. Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
38. Colossians 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all
principality and power:
39. 1Timothy 1:17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise
God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
40. 1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God
was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the
Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
41. Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the
great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
42. Hebrews 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath
appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
43. Hebrews 1:34
Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of
his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by
himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; Being
made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more
excellent name than they.
44. Hebrews 1:6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world,
he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
45. Hebrews 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever:
a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
46. Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
47. 1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word,
and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
48. 1John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an
understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true,
even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
49. Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the
Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
50. Revelation 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his
right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
51. Revelation 2:8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things
saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;
52. Revelation 5:12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to
receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and
53. Revelation 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and
under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I
saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon
the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.
54. Revelation 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written,
KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
55. Revelation 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the
beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the
water of life freely.
Jesus as God ~The Scriptural truth about the deity of Christ