MIRACLES OF JESUS
1. Jesus changed water into wine (John 2:1-11).
2. Jesus cured the nobleman's son (John 4:46-47).
3. The great haul of fishes (Luke 5:1-11).
4. Jesus cast out an unclean spirit (Mark 1:23-28).
5. Jesus cured Peter's mother-in-law of a fever (Mark 1:30-31).
6. Jesus healed a leper (Mark 1:40-45).
7. Jesus healed the centurion's servant (Matthew 8:5-13).
8. Jesus raised the widow's son from the dead (Luke 7:11-18).
9. Jesus stilled the storm (Matthew 8:23-27).
10. Jesus cured two devil possessed men (Matthew 8:28-34).
11. Jesus cured the paralytic (Matthew 9:1-8).
12. Jesus raised the ruler's daughter from the dead (Matthew 9:18-26).
13. Jesus cured a woman of an issue of blood (Luke 8:43-48).
14. Jesus opened the eyes of two blind men (Matthew 9:27-31).
15. Jesus loosened the tongue of a man who could not speak (Matthew 9:32-33).
16. Jesus healed an invalid man at the pool called Bethesda (John 5:1-9).
17. Jesus restored a withered hand (Matthew 12:10-13).
18. Jesus cured a devil-possessed man (Matthew 12:22).
19. Jesus fed about five thousand people (Matthew 14:15-21).
20. Jesus healed a woman of Canaan (Matthew 15:22-28).
21. Jesus cured a deaf and mute man (Mark 7:31-37).
22. Jesus fed four thousand people (Matthew 15:32-39).
23. Jesus opened the eyes of a blind man (Mark 8:22-26).
24. Jesus cured a boy who was plagued by a devil (Matthew 17:14-21).
25. Jesus opened the eyes of a man born blind (John 9:1-38)
26. Jesus cured a woman who had been afflicted eighteen years (Luke 13:10-17).
27. Jesus cured a man of dropsy (Luke 14:1-4).
28. Jesus cleansed ten lepers (Luke 17:11-19).
28. Jesus cleansed ten lepers (Luke 17:11-19).
30. Jesus opened the eyes of two blind men (Matthew 20:30-34).
31. Jesus caused the fig tree to wither (Matthew 21:18-22).
32. Jesus restored the ear of the high priest's servant (Luke 22:50-51).
33. Jesus rose from the dead (Luke 24:5-6).
34. The second great haul of fishes (John 21:1-14).
MIRACLES, HEALING, and God’s POWER
THE DOCTRINAL TRUTH ABOUT PENTECOSTAL STORIES
“… How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us
plainly. Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the
works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me. ”
- John 10:24-25
1. Everything spiritual is not Godly
a. Lying wonders - 2 Thess 2:8-9
b. Seducing spirits – 1 Tim 4:1
c. We battle spiritual powers - Eph 6:11-12
d. Satan is transformed in a minister of righteousness – 2 Cor 11:14-15
e. Paul’s messenger of Satan – 2 Cor 12:7-8
2. Purpose of the Powers
a. The powers were not new - Mat 10:1, 5-8; Exo 4:1-7
b. The powers were prophesied – Joel 2:28; Jer 31:34 (John 14:26; 1 John
c. They were signs - Mark 16:17-20 sign of kingdom come - Luke 10:9
i. Jesus heals because it was prophesied – Luke 7:18-22;
ii. Believe me for the works sake - John 5:36; 10:25; 14:11
iii. Kingdom of God is come - Mat 12:28; Luke 9:2, 10:8-9
d. The powers were for use in the tribulation/kingdom – Rev 8:10-11; 9:3; John
e. Paul’s powers were for a sign to unbelieving Israel – 2 Cor 12:12; Rom
i. powers were for the establishment of the body – 1 Cor 12:28; Eph
3. Power discrimination
a. They exceeded the works of Jesus – John 14:12; Acts 5:15; 19:12
b. They were limited by rules of behavior – 1 Cor 14:13,22,27
c. More than just healing – apostles, prophets, etc - 1 Cor 12:28
d. They were indiscriminate – signs Mark 16:17
i. The tongues sat upon each of them – Acts 2:3; 10:44
ii. Not based on faith or spirituality - 1 Cor 3:1 (carnal); 5:1
4. Healing ministry
a. The prayer of faith - James 5:14-15
i. Anointing oil for healing – Mark 6:13-18; but also Lev 14:28-29
b. Ask anything - 1 John 3:22; Matt 21:22; Mark 11:24; Luke 11:9-13;John
c. Paul and healing: - The healing stopped because God stopped.
i. Epaphroditus and the mercy of God – Phil 2:25-27
ii. Thine often infirmities - 1 Tim 5:23
d. The Power of God today – Rom 1:16; 1 Cor 1:18
i. That ye may comprehend - Eph 3:16-20
John pt 13 (6:1,29)
The Miracles of Jesus
1. John 6:1,14 – Feeding the 5000
a. The height of Jesus’ popularity – John 6:2
i. Miracles prove the man and the message – Acts 2:22
ii. With God nothing is impossible Luke 1:37
b. The mountain and the kingdom – John 6:3
i. Twelve thrones and judgment – Matt 17:12; 19:28
ii. Kingdom on a hill Isa 2:24
iii. The great company that follows – John 6:5; Zech 8:20,23
c. The miracle of the bread and fishes
i. Jesus cannot bear witness of himself – John 5:31
ii. “Feed thy people…as in the days of old” Mic 7:14,15; Matt 6:11
iii. Proving Philip – 6:67; The answer: Exo 16:15,18
iv. The coming famine – Rev 6:67; 12:17
v. This is the Prophet – Deut 18:18
d. The works testify of me John 5:36
i. Covenant of marvels Exo 34:10; 1 Cor 1:22
2. John 6:15,21 – Jesus walks on the water
a. Events in the walking of the water:
i. Jesus leaves again to the mountain – 6:15
ii. Disciples depart separately into the sea – 6:16,17
iii. The sea becomes turbulent 6:18; Mat 14:24
iv. Jesus comes in the midst of the storm – 6:19; Mat 14:25
b. Compare to:
i. Jesus ascension – John 14:23; Mark 13:3334
ii. Disciples sent into the tribulation – Mat 10:16; Mk 13:89,1719
iii. Jesus’ return in tribulation – Rev 19:11,13
iv. Calm in the storm – Matt 8:24,27
3. John 6:22,29 – The people and their search for bread
a. The evidence of the miracle – John 6:2224
b. Jesus knew their hearts – John 6:26,28; 2:25
c. “The Father hath sealed” – Isa 42:1; Luke 4:1819; Acts 2:22
SEMINAR_06 – THE POWER OF CHRIST: RESURRECT
“Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead
according to my gospel” ~ 2 Timothy 2:8
1. Resurrection and Miracles
a. When we talk about miracles – everyone (religious or not) shares belief.
b. Everyone wants their own genie in a bottle and not the power of Christ – resurrection.
c. “The resurrection Christ is the cornerstone of Christian doctrine” – R.A. Torrey
d. That no man can resurrect on his own, science says impossible: Bible vs. Godless science
e. The reality of miracles was one of the original fundamentals that science “disproved”
f. If miracles do not occur then Christianity is false –creation, incarnation, resurrection,
salvation of you and me
i. Robert Anderson – Pauline dispensationalist – the question is why there have
been no visible miracles in 2000 years.
ii. His answer: The revelation of the mystery of Christ.
iii. When they blame God for not intervening – ask them if they believe in miracles
2. Why is this a fundamental?
a. The alternative is materialism (hopeless, fatalism); reincarnation; hope with no power
b. Resurrection is a fact of the Bible (100+ times) – denied by Muslims, and others.
i. Jesus’ resurrection is not the stuff of legend and myths, but history.
ii. The Buddhist kumari – eyelashes like a cow, thighs like a deer, voice like a duck
Also her astrological chart must match – goddess Durga. The Dalai Lama is a god
c. No one says it clearer than Paul in 1 Corinthians 15:12-18
i. (Notice how many of these fundamentals rest on Paul’s epistles?)
ii. Our preaching is vain; we are liars; and we are yet in our sins (not saved)
3. Paul’s Gospel
a. The fact of the resurrection of Christ was affirmed by those that witnessed him
i. Peter blamed Israel but said he is risen - Acts 2:22-24
ii. Response: they were his disciples, they had an interest in promoting it
iii. Without resurrection there is no apostle Paul.
iv. The mystery is Christ in you, the hope of glory – how if he is dead - Col 1:27
b. According to my gospel - 2 Timothy 2:8
i. It was in his resurrection that Christ told Paul to go to Gentiles w/ salvation
ii. See 2 Tim 1:10-11 – he has brought life and immortality to light
4. What it Means
a. God has intervened in history to affect the worst condition of humanity: death
b. It makes our justification possible: imputed righteousness – Rom 4:25
c. It makes eternal life possible – not an eternal present existence, but through death
d. It proves the deity of Jesus – Matt 12:39; John 2:19
e. The power of Christ in us is in resurrection – Rom 6:4; Phil 3:10-11;
f. It gives the Christian hope to sorrow not like others – 1 Thess 4:13-14
g. A corollary to the resurrection doctrine is the return of Jesus Christ.
h. For MAD – it concerns intervention; How/why/when does God work miracles.
i. We should not trade our hope in resurrection power with the hope of healing, physical
prosperity, circumstance driven